No one is a hero, everyone has strengths and weaknesses.
Use basic vocabulary for the workplace
We have a new course!
What will you learn about english for work
Vocabulary: CEO, NDA and more
Basic business vocabulary
The culture of the company
How to deal with stress and conflicts at work?
How to do business internationally
Case study: how to make our company better for people?
How to have a successful career
Vocabulary: Interview, Networking and more
How to get your dream job
Your online image
How to deal with rejection
Giving and receiving feedback
Case study: What if you lose your job?
How to improve your soft skills
Vocabulary: Soft skill, Teamwork and more
Mastering communication at work
How to be a good leader?
Why Teamwork is better than being a hero?
How to boost critical thinking?
Work ethics in 21st. century
Case study: 5 tips to learn soft skills
Using practical skills at work
Vocabulary: Back up, Clarify and more
Case study: A phone call in English
Giving a perfect presentation
Active participation in a meeting
Negotiating as the key to your success
A call with your clients
No tienes acceso a esta clase
¡Continúa aprendiendo! Únete y comienza a potenciar tu carrera
Es mejor incentivar el trabajo en equipo que ser un héroe. En otras palabras, lograrás alcanzar el éxito con ayuda de tu equipo de trabajo y no solamente tú ante la adversidad. A continuación, encontrarás por qué y cómo alcanzar un gran trabajo en equipo.
|Collaboration||You need to work with your team. Together you can progress better and faster on a project.|
|Diversity awareness||We’re in the 21st century. We work with all kinds of genders, races, cultures, religions, and nationalities. You need to be open and empathetic.|
|Empathy||You have to be empathetic with your teammates. You have to understand that you are under stress and they can feel the same anxiety.|
|Emotional Intelligence||This is extremely important for your life as a person and as a professional.|
|Team Building||How do we build the team? You need to do activities together. You need to have fun together. Not only work, not only projects.|
Recuerda que debes priorizar a tu equipo por encima de tu talento individual o habilidades propias. Es lo mejor que puedes hacer para demostrar los frutos de tu trabajo a largo plazo.
Contribución creada por: Kevin Fiorentino.
No one is a hero, everyone has strengths and weaknesses.
“alone you can go fast together we can go far”
How i can be a good team player?
* Collaboration is very important you need to work with your team, you need work together with them in a project probably each one have a different task in that project but the main point is work together and be collaborate with your team if need help
* In your team you can have differents cultures, generes, races, differents politics, differents religions, we have to be empathic, respect and accept it. because it does not matter if they are different than you because at the finish they are humans like you and you have to work together so is better accept and respect that make conflicts
* You have to understand you team, you have to be empathic with them
* This is extremely important for your personal life and your professional life. For example when you are receving a feedback, if you receive it correctly you wont take it personal and if you dont you could take it personal and feel bad for that feedback or make conflicts in your team
* How we can build a team? well you need to do activities together, you need play together, have meetings, the main point here is no only focus in their job maybe talk about their hobbies they favorites food, etc.
Soft skills make success in teamwork too.
How can I be a good team player?
• Collaboration: you need to work together with your team.
• Diversity awareness: work with all kinds of people.
• Empathy: you have to understand that you are under stress and they are too.
• Emotional intelligence: this helps you to remain calm in all sorts of situations.
• Team building: you need to do activities together.
3 Emotional Intelligence
4 Team Building
very very good classes
Teamwork is better than being a hero:
Talent wins games, teamwork and intelligence win championships (Micheal Jordan). You might be thinking how I can improve my teamwork.
🔥 Teamwork can get the team to unbelievable levels.
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships”
I must admit that I have the feeling that teamwork is not one of my strengths. Never before have a kind of feedback about it, but is a personal sensation
AWARENESS OF DIVERSITY
How could I be a good team player? that’s good question for everyone
why teamwork is better than being a hero.
Collaboration is very important. They should work together on a project that will likely divide the tasks.
awareness of diversity. We work with all kinds of genders, races, cultures, religions and we have to be empathetic and open.
Next is empathy, you have to be empathetic with your teammates. You have to understand that you are under stress and so are they.
Remember, if you receive the comments correctly, you will grow as a person and as a professional. It will help you mature. they need to do activities together. They need to have fun together. You need to do different things.
be part of a teamwork feels good.
Great Value in Life: TEam work is better than being a hero
Some companies prohibit couple relationships among co-workers because it generates conflicts when couples break up. What do you think about this kind of disposal?
Teamwork is the key (:
One value important to be a better team player is the humbleness: the awareness and pacient to accept that you can’t do everything and It’s ok ask for help without hurt your ego.
Emotional intelligence is one of the most important things to develop. for sure!!
Here’s my Cornell note
The company for which I work nowadays has very little collaboration with peers, but that doesn’t make it bad, I think some companies have taken advantage of that way to work. On the other hand, some companies abuse the lack of collaboration so they never innovate
-Diversity awareness(conciencia de la diversidad)
I would love to work in a Culture Driven Company like Platzi. I really enjoy team building activities that make everyone feel bound to the others with confidence.
Try to be a good team player not to be a hero.
My hero and Savior and Lord Jesus is the authority about leadership
New Living Translation
25 But Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. 26 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. 28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
This is important, I think we all like to play to the hero, but is better to solve problems with your team, each person can do awesome and specific things, many people working on a problem always will be better than one person working on it.
players win games, teams win championships
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships” MJ
The empathy is a great tool for work with the team