Hi! I share with you my notes from this class. Greetings!
Health and wellness.
- Health: Complete physical, mental & social well-being.
- Wellness: Emotional, mental, financial, intellectual, occupational, social and spiritual factors.
- Health is the ultimate goal and wellnesss is the way to achieve it.
- Expressed reaction to internal and external stimuli.
- Influencing factors: personality, culture, religion.
- Can be changed.
- Driven by thoughts, feelings, attitudes and values.
Behaviors that become automatic.
Three steps process:
- Cue or trigger.
Behaviorts and health
- Physical activity.
- Healthful eating.
- Stress management.
- Rest and recovery.
- Incredibly challenging.
- Habit loop in the brain / automatic.
- Change = Out of the confort zone.
- Rewire your brain / new habit loop.
Common pitfalls and solutions.
- Try to change everything at once. / Prioritize.
- Start with a large, deep rooted habit. / Make small changes first.
- Not changing your environment / Support group - Avoid triggers.
Negative thoughts and behavior change.
- Negative self talk affects behaviors.
- Challenge the truth to your thinking.
- Accept your huma nature.
- Takes time to rewire your brain with a new behavior.