- What’s your profession? Describe it as detailed as possible.
I’m an Electrical engineer who graduated from La Salle University. I design electrical networks for different kinds levels of voltage and depending on the level, the necessities can be different.
- What are your main duties and priorities at work?
My main duties at my job are the analysis and design of the protection and control schemes for substations of high and extra-high voltage levels. Besides, I had participated in the replacement of different switchyard equipment.
- Have you had a challenging situation at work? If so, what was it and how did you handle it?
I had to deal with a co-worker who disagree with some markups that I have made related to one of those replacements. He was starting to get angry and yelling at me as if was my fault, I told him to calm down and call the QA/QC, so we could explain better to him what did we do. After having explained to him, he understood and we solved the miss understanding.
- What are the goals and key results you are aiming to achieve for the next quarter? How do you plan to achieve them?
My personal goals for the next quarter are:
- Improve my knowledge related to teleprotection schemes.
- Talk to my boss to create a new branch within the area.
- Start to study more about electronics to change my current position, looking to apply to a different company that designs electronic products.
I will study more about those topics & technologies, so once I had finished with the first goal I could start to create a new branch within the company.
Afterward, I’m going to start to apply to new companies in order to make the pivot that I want.