Vocabulary for job interviews
Competencies: the abilities to perform a task efficiently. Involve skills, abilities and knowledge. They are your qualifications for a job.
Hard skills: abilities that are required and enhanced through practice, repetition, and education. They are teachable and measurable technical abilities that fit the job position.
Soft skills: they are non-technical skills that relate to how you work and which are not related to a specific job.
Portfolio: a portable showcase of your work and talents, which represent your skills and achievements.
Useful Phrasal Verbs
- Brush up on, to improve or refresh your knowledge or skills
- Look into, to research or investigate.
- Take on, to assume or accept responsibility for.
- Get along with, to have a good relationship or work well with others.
- Handle something, to manage or be in charge of.
- Move on, to progress to the next stage or move forward.
- Follow up, to take further action after an initial meeting or conversation.
- Get back to, to reply or respond after a period of time.
- Take over, to assume control or responsibility for something.
- Fill in, to provide missing information or details.
Use these phrasal verbs to sound more natural and confident. 😉