- Behavioral questions: questions that have to do with how you handled past work situations.
- Call someone out: an expression that has to do with telling someone about something they did or said and asking them for an explanation.
- Job setting / Work setting: your work environment. The place where you work.
- Role play: a dramatization in which you perform or act out the part of a person or character in a situation in order to make the topic more clear.
- Situational questions: questions about hypothetical work situations. They allow the interviewer to know how you would act if they happened.
Some things you should avoid saying during a job interview in English
- Negative comments about your current or previous employer:
- Too much personal information:
- Being too casual:
- Lying or exaggerating:
- Being unprepared:
- Asking about salary or benefits too soon:
- Criticizing the company: